Number of deaths in cycling accidents soars
简介The number of cyclist deaths in cycling accidents came to 91 last year, rising by 30 percent from a ...
The number of cyclist deaths in cycling accidents came to 91 last year, rising by 30 percent from a year prior, Ministry of the Interior and Safety data showed Sunday.
The number of deaths from such accidents in 2021 amounted to 70.
With the increase, the proportion of overall traffic accident deaths accounted for by such cases rose to 3.3 percent, up from 2021's 2.4 percent.
Of the 91 cyclist deaths, 40 were from solo accidents while 49 were in collisions between cyclists. Two cyclists died in accidents involving a pedestrian.
As for all cycling accidents, 3,811 reported cases were collisions between cyclists, accounting for 70.7 percent of the total.
The main cause of the bicycle accidents was determined to be failure of compliance and the obligation to ride safely, with 3,570 cases, or about 66.2 percent of all cycling accidents.
By age group, those 65 years old and over were involved in the largest proportion of cycling accidents, as well as deaths in such incidents. According to the ministry's data, 25.5 percent of cycling accidents involved those in the age group, while more than half of deaths resulting from such incidents were 65 or older.
윤석열 대통령이 16일 오전 서울 용산구 대통령실 청사 앞 어린이정원에서 열린 제63차 수석비서관회의를 주재하고 있다. [사진 대통령실]“총알도 없고, 손발도 묶인 상황이다.” 1 ...
The US Department of Commerce on Friday announced the final rule to restrict semiconductor subsidy r ...
Of the four members of Blackpink, only Rose renewed her contract with label YG Entertainment, accord ...
New government initiative offers W3b reward to combat digital piracy
US finalizes national security 'guardrails' for CHIPS funding
Opposition party leader ends 24
Russian top diplomat to visit NK, accuses US of fueling tensions on Korean Peninsula
Another suspect of Tajik duo behind S. Korean money exchange robbery nabbed
- [New on scene] Hong Xa
- 김웅 "국민은 바꾸라는데 단결만 얘기…의총 뭐하러 하느냐"
- 공군 수송기 급파, 한·일 220명 텔아비브 탈출
- BTS Jungkook's star
- Seoul subway on verge of strike
- Gyeongbokgung entrance platform, new signboard unveiled
- [KH Explains] Amazon's cloud industry plans raise fears of Korean market monopoly
- BOK expected to stand pat this week over growth risks: experts
- Enhypen announces Nov. 17 comeback with 'Orange Blood'
- Discussions on need for dialogue on N. Korea denuclearization diminish in US: ambassador
- Russian, Uzbek nationals under investigation after campsite brawl
- 판 커진 구청장 선거…민주당 크게 이겼다
- [HIT Forum] Innospace champions small satellite renaissance
- IMF maintains 2023 growth outlook for S. Korea at 1.4 pct
- [HIT Forum] More than 400 attendees explore space at HIT forum
- N. Korea may conduct nuclear test to divert internal attention from food crisis: Seoul ministry
- Lee Hyori returns with 1st new song in 6 years
- NMK to extend support for Korean galleries at six museums abroad
- Opposition calls for Yoon's overhaul of Cabinet after by
- P&G Korea launches premium diaper to combat skin dryness
- USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier to arrive in Busan this week
- [Today’s K
- GS Caltex, Posco team up on biofuel