[Herald Interview] ‘Another Body,’ a riveting documentary on devasting effects of deepfake porn
简介In Sophie Compton and Reuben Hamlyn’s new documentary “Another Body,” a 23-year-old engineering stud ...
In Sophie Compton and Reuben Hamlyn’s new documentary “Another Body,” a 23-year-old engineering student named Taylor finds herself victimized in a uniquely modern-day form of abuse: deepfake pornography.
But this eye-opening 80-minute film doesn’t just show Taylor tracking down who has digitally planted her face over the bodies of porn stars -- it also shows how she navigates the devastating situation and manages her mental health.
“Another Body” is told from Taylor’s first-person perspective, who sits down in front of a camera for the majority of the interviews captured in the documentary. But shortly afterwards, the audience is told that her face, name and information have been altered to protect her identity.
“We wanted to anonymize Taylor and Julia (another victim of online deepfake porn who joins hands with Taylor in the film) to sort of protect them, because I know online communities like 4Chan (where these two became the target) can get very aggressive and retaliate,” said director Reuben Hamlyn in an interview with The Korea Herald in Goyang, Gyeonggi Province on Wednesday. He was in South Korea for the Asian premiere of “Another Body” at the 15th DMZ International Documentary Film Festival which kicked off Sept. 14.
A senior South Korean diplomat has held talks with the new US special envoy for North Korean human r ...
Korea’s only astronaut, Yi Soyeon, delivered a keynote speech Wednesday at The Korea Herald's H ...
The nuclear-powered USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier will arrive at a key South Korean naval base ...
GOT7’s Youngjae to release 1st solo LP “Do It” next month
[HIT Forum] High schooler shares his space dream
Samsung SDI, Stellantis to set up 2nd JV plant in Indiana
Seoul shares open higher on US gains after Fed comments
Biden says Hamas must be eliminated, US officials warn war could escalate
LG CNS launches new AI platform for corporate clients
- Koreans prefer cash in Chuseok gifting for parents
- [Today’s K
- "가리비 8m 천장까지 쌓였다"…단 한달만에 日 타격 입힌 中
- [Herald Interview] ‘Another Body,’ a riveting documentary on devasting effects of deepfake porn
- 2m Koreans opt out of life
- From traditional to trendy, three of Seoul's top yukhoe spots
- Hyundai Engineering wins US gas
- Russian FM to visit Pyongyang next month as follow
- [New in Korean] Ancient Korean mummy unearthed in Irish peatland
- S. Korea defeat Japan for 3rd straight men's football gold
- Death toll from Afghan quakes rises to more than 2,000
- Elevate fall travel experiences with local specialties
- 외교부, 이스라엘 전역 여행경보 ‘특별여행주의보’ 발령
- 'We overcame together': NCT127 returns on more solid ground
- 김건희, 제주도서 갈치 시식하며 “수산물 소비 활성화 최선”
- S. Korea beats Chinese Taipei for 4th straight baseball gold
- Netflix to release ‘Daily Dose of Sunshine’ in November
- [Weekender] Waiting on the North: Unified Korean dictionary project's long journey
- [Test Drive] BMW 5 Series makes more powerful, elegant comeback
- Questions remain after passage of anonymous birth bill
- Stray Kids to release new album 'Rock
- TvN’s ‘Unexpected Business’ to return with season 3
- S. Korea sweeps up 2 gold medals at stake in recurve team events
- Gwanghwamun's Joseon
- [New on the Scene] Kim Seong